Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hugs continued

Over the course of September and October I worked diligently making these two 'Memory Quilts'.  My vision was coming together. ( See yesterday post)

After all the piecing was done this is what was leftover from the ties:

And from the shirts:

I even had enough strips for piano key borders. 


I mentioned in the first post about these quilts, there was also golf/polo shirts to use as well.  I kept those to use on the back.

One quilt would be going to her son and one to her daughter.    The daughter loved her father's yellow golf shirt the most so I paired it and others with this delicate daisy fabric.  

Her brother's choice of go beige and black golf shirts was paired with a more masculine fabric.



Getting closer to the final quilt
Final layout
Once again I hope I haven't bored you with all these photos of these quilts.  Stay tuned, tomorrow I will show you the final quilts.  

Lee

P.S.  the Quilting Gallery Blog Hop starts on Thursday... Giveaways galore will be happening..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.