Thursday, April 4, 2013

Another finish

Last year I participated in the Curious Quilter Charm Swap four times.   What a delight it was to receive 100's of little 2.5" squares from all around the world.  Those squares together with ones that I had worked up into this wonderful Postage Stamp Quilt.  It is not a true PSQ as there are some duplicates, but not many. 
I FMQ'd it on my domestic machine. 

back side drying in the sun
My friend recently purchased a home outside of the city, in the foothills of the Rockies.  Once she saw this quilt she claimed it (before it was even finished) to go in her new country home. 

Lily on our way to deliver the quilt

 in it's countryside glory. 

oh the view

relaxing on the deck

will probably be used on this sofa much of the time
I just received my partner's names for the next swap.  I am excited to work on another PSQ.

Have you made a PSQ before?

Happy stitching. 

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous finish! I wish my postage stamps would get themselves together like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun to see your PSQ all done! Thanks for letting me know. What are you making with your NEW charms, Lee?

    Mary, The Curious Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very pretty. The red border makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Just wow! That is a truly amazing finish! Beautifully done and such a generous gift. I hope your friend truly enjoys it! Congrats on a great finish & thanks for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Your entry was drawn as the winner for the April Linky Party giveaway. Check your e-mail (including spam folders) for details about your prize. Congratulations!

      Delete
  5. visiting from such a sew and sew finish link up. This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the finish! It's GORGEOUS! And what a view from your friend's house - stunning! I have participated in all the swaps too, but I haven't done anything to the charms - shame on me! First of all I want to finish some UFO's - made of squares too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW it's beautiful and the hours and hours it must have taken to sew all those 2.5" squares. I'm sure it will be used a lot at your friend's new home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt, and great view! I have never made a true postage-stamp quilt. Maybe one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the postage stamp quilt; what a lot of work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the finish!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! Did you use any particular method for the PSQ or just the usual piecing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a Y2K quilt somewhere. Rather, I have all 2000 charms languishing somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your finish! Mine is sewn together and in the "to be quilted" pile! I'm planning for the next one, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.