Sunday, November 6, 2011

Community Service Project

Last October when I first joined the Guild, I took it upon myself to take a bunch of orphaned blocks home to turn into a Community Service Quilt!

(insert scratching head, what was I thinking??)

DSCN7723

These are some of the blocks that came home with me. I had to think about how to put these together, which took a lot of time…..fast forward….

April top is completed.  When my mom was here visiting, she wanted to see me ‘do’ some quilting. so i put these blocks together, sandwiched it and started to quilt it. Then life got busy and it sat. Fast forward again

October…..completed

WP_000292

I quilted it last week.  I even managed to dive into free motion feathers.  I love the look of them but was always intimated by the process.  I persevered and dove in to get them done. Once I got the rhythm of the motion they weren’t too bad after all. I do need to practice some more but I now look forward to doing more.   I don’t know where this quilt will end up, but I hope it brightens someone’s life.

The rest of the little 9 patches went into this preemie quilt for the neo natal unit our hospitals.

DSCN8462

I feel good about contributing to those in need or who just need comfort. Have you done any charity stitching lately?


Happy stitching

Lee

2 comments:

  1. Great job - doesn't matter how long it took - doesn't it feel good to be contributing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have toys and children clothes you don”t need pleas contact me or send them
    to me : Ionescu Otilia , Romania , Plopii slavitesti , 147255 , Teleorman
    thank you !
    Ps. Greate blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.