Friday, April 30, 2010

Quilt Canada


Oh my goodness. What a great couple of days it has been at Quilt Canada, here in Calgary. I went two days. Wednesday I was there most of the day cruising through the merchant mall very slowly. I loved looking at the Juried Quilts they were amazing and so inspirational. The workmanship is unbelieveable. I can't imagine even beginning some of these quilts, they are life time achievements. Thursday we had a spring snow storm, so I didn't venture out. (yes it is usual for this time of year). Today I went to look at all the vintage quilts and sewing machines (but forgot my camera).
I hope you enjoy these pictures of some amazing quilts. Not necessarily ribbon winners but some of my favourites.

All of them unique in there own way!

Photos later of what I purchased!

Tomorrow in between soccer games, practices and community clean up I will be attending the Lakeside Quilters, quilt show out at the Chestermere Community Center 10-4. Stop by if you are in the area.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I always love to see quilts.
    Yesterday we celeberated the Queens Birthday, but I went to the European Quilt Championships, qithout a camera. I’ve seen some amazing quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh so pretty, wish I could have been there too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.