Saturday, September 26, 2009

Quilts of Valour - Canada


Hello everyone
yesterday was a great day at the Creative Stitches festival in Calgary. Of course I spent too much and now have many new projects to get started on.
One booth that I came across was the Canadian branch of the Quilts of Valour. Like the American sister chapter, quilts are made and donated to the group, who then see that they are distributed to the service men and women that are wounded.
Their mission statement: “To ensure that our wounded Canadian soldiers are recognized for their bravery and commitment of their true patriotism to our country. We give this support through the presentation of quilts of comfort made for our military service people"
I was so glad to come across this table and find out about their organzation. Maybe you too would like to make and donate to this very worthy cause, I know I will be.
They probably wouldn't mind some extra word of mouth so come all you Canadian quilters lets help to spread the word and help those that are protecting us. Check out their website for more information
have a great weekend

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lee!! I`m very happy to hear that you like the quilt I made for you!! I just recived my too!! And I signed inn for a autumn swap!!!! Anne:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.