Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yet another one from Genevieve


For those of you that aren't familiar with Vintage Thingy Thursday, Suzanne at Colorado Lady host this event weekly. We all post something that is 'Vintage'. We are having router problems so I am a little late getting this posted. (i am sitting with my laptop hardwired into the back of the kids desktop in order to get internet, not very comfortable) ;(
In my case I have been posting about my Great Grandmother's quilts that either my sister, mom or I have. They are amazing pieces of work and we are so fortunate to have them still. Most are in excellent condition. The one pictured here is one my sister has. She used it for years on her guest bed. I love the appliqued tulips (tulips are my favourite flower). Her stitches are so small and delicate. the colours are still pretty vivid. I guess these were made in the 30's or 40's.



Until next week, hope you all have a good one!

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning quilt. The stitches are just amazing. I can only imagine the time involved in making such a treasure...Learning to machine quilt takes up way more time than I imagined....but it is fun!

    Have a great VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is awesome! And beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful quilt. It always amazes me how some people can make quilt after quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful quilt! I love the applique tulip baskets and the quilting itself is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Any old quilt that has a tulip design is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your quilt is lovely! the design is sweet..

    happy VTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely, wonderful quilt..and how great that each of you has some. Happy VTT and have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE your grandma's quilts..they are STUNNING :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous wquilt from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy seeing your quilts. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful that you have your Grandmother's quilts! Thanks for finding me ~ another Antique Quilt NUT ~ on my blog: http://blog.thequiltcomplex.com/

    Julie Silber

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you have and appreciate your grandmother's quilts! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping to view my blog. Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my projects.